January 14, 2012

Best Hip Hop Track of All Time.....

     First and foremost the title of this blog is a little misleading because I don't believe that there is one track that can trump them all in hip hop so I based my choice on one question. As a producer, writer, artist I have learned to appreciate every step that goes into making a song as opposed to just the final product so I asked myself one question... Of all the great tracks out there from Tupac, Nas, Jay Z, Big Pun, B.I.G., Big L just to name a few artists, of all the studio sessions in the past which one would I want to witness if I could turn back the hands of time and be a fly on the wall. Well.... One and only one track came to my mind. Over five minutes of a dope beat with all the Wu members spitting lyrics that make listeners cringe and screwface because each verse is just too nasty to comprehend and no chorus.... NO CHORUS, yet everyone in the club could rap the entire song. I am sorry but I don't think anyone could ever do that again. A toast to Wu Tang. TRIUMPH baby! Stay close.

N. Raina

1 comment:

  1. Hard for me to say, I have been listen since 84... so many different styles and depends on my mood and where I am at.
    I would go with this for longevity and I still crank it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-alEhlHSzk

    ReplyDelete

Dynasty 83 records