October 31, 2011

The King Who Earned His Crown

N. Raina

      It seems like yesterday we lost arguably the most influential person in music. If you have been keeping up with my blog and following me on Twitter, you probably have realized that I am extremely passionate about doing things my way and allowing my life experiences to sculpt my uniqueness as opposed to shadowing someone else’s greatness. I was just sitting in my office going over  a few things and BAM! “Thriller” comes on the radio and I start bopping my head and I completely zoned out to the song. Come on people…. Who can write a song like that and get away with it? Nobody, only the King himself could do it. I started to just think damn….” This guy wrote his songs and on top of that, did his own dance routines Michael didn’t have people telling him what to do and if you saw the  “This Is It” documentary which was video footage of him preparing for his last tour, it clearly shows how involved and creative he was. So many people started doing the entire ‘singing and dancing thing’ but we all know Michael Jackson started it. I still don’t know if he was a better singer or Dancer… The fact of the matter is he was perfect at both. This article is more like a toast from me to Michael in appreciation of all that he has done and for doing it his way. In the video below was the first time Michael moonwalked, This was the night He went from great to legendary in my opinion. Enjoy and remember the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dynasty 83 records